JOSAA 2017 – Registration, Choice filling and locking, Counselling Allotment – Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) As per the latest updates JOSAA will be conducting a combined online jee counselling. Earlier this was conducted separately by JAB and CSAB until 2015. They are united now from 2016 onwards. JOSAA was formed to provide a common platform for engineering students and to surpass reservation of multiple seats in college. JEE advance ranks will be announced on 11 june and jee mains ranking have been pre announced on 27 April.
JoSAA COUNSELLING 2017
- 1 JoSAA COUNSELLING 2017
- 2 JoSAA Registration 2017
- 3 JoSAA 2017 Online Choice filling process
- 4 JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment
- 5 JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment schedule
- 6 JoSAA 2017 Counselling Procedure
- 7 Documents Required for Verification
- 8 Institutes admitting candidates through Joint Seat Allocation (Academic Year 2017-18)
- 9 NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY (NITs)
JoSAA(joint seat allocation authority) is a counselling authority which is set up by MHRD .JoSAA conducts and manages all the counseling related activities for admission in IITs, ISM, NITs, IIITs, NSITs, IIEST and other GFTIs. After the announcement of Jee advance result and jee main rank (already declared) the JoSAA 2017 counselling will be started. All the students securing rank in the rank list will be allowed to take part in counselling. For ex. Student having rank 2k or a student having rank 2 lakh(2,00,000) are allowed to take part in counselling whether seat is allotted or not that’s a different issue.
The portal of JoSAA will be opened on 19 June (expected date). Registration, filling and locking choices , seat acceptance fee payment process will be done via online mode . Document verification and other reporting process will be conducted through offline mode.
JoSAA Registration 2017
JoSAA registration will start on 18 june . JOSAA registration portal will be opened. The registration in josaa is free of cost no money is to be paid you have to link the jee main information with the josaa portal registration process involve entering the jee main roll no and password which you have under jee registration. There is generally a gap of 4 to 5 days between the opening of portal and first round of seat allocation for registration and locking up of choices. This time should be used to make ourself comfortable with the process and knowing of all the norms of counselling .
JoSAA 2017 Online Choice filling process
All students who want to take admission in participating institute may fill their Choices in respect of college and branch. After filling their choices it is necessary to lock their choices, if candidates fail to lock their choices then last sequence of filling choices will be submitted. After submission the registration process seat allotment process will be start by the JoSAA.
JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment
will be done on the based of JEE Main Rank List 2017 of students. Those candidates having higher marks will be deemed first for allowance of seats as per their choices. The students will not be allowed to modify after locking their choices or after the last date of choice filling.
JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment schedule
- The tentative detailed schedule for JoSAA 2017 is given below. The counselling procedure is scheduled to commence in the month of June 2017. Below I have given complete details regarding JoSAA 2017 important dates .All candidates can check easily from this web page(http://www.josaanic.in). These are Expected dates.
- Joint Apex Board declares JEE Main 2017:- 27 April 2017
- Candidates registration and fill in their choices of academic programs begins :- 19thJune 2017
- Seat Allocation based on the choices filled by candidates on :- 24thJune 2017
- Candidates registration and fill in their choices of academic programs ends :- 25thJune 2017
- Reconcile the data, allocate seats , verify and validate :- 26thJune 2017
- First Round seat allocation announcement :- 28 June 2017
- First round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 1 July 2017
- First round seat acceptance at RC ends: – 5thJuly 2017
- Display of seats filled / availability status: – 6thJuly 2017
- Second round seat allocation announcement :- 6thJuly 2017
- Second round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 7thJuly 2017
- Second round seat acceptance at RC ends: – 7thJuly 2017
- Display of seats filled / availability status :- 10thJuly 2017
- Third round seat allocation announcement :- 10thJuly 2017
- Third round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 11 July 2017
- Third round seat acceptance at RC ends :- 13thJuly 2017
- Display of seats filled / availability status :- 14thJuly 2017
- Fourth round seat allocation announcement :- 14thJuly 2017
- Fourth round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 15thJuly 2017
- Fourth round seat acceptance at RC ends :- 16thJuly 2017
- Display of seats filled / availability status :- 17thJuly 2017
- Fifth round seat allocation announcement :- 17thJuly 2017
- Fifth round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 18thJuly 2017
- Fifth round seat acceptance at RC ends :- 18thJuly 2017
- Display of seats filled / availability status: – 19thJuly 2017
- Sixth round seat allocation announcement: – 19thJuly 2017
- Sixth round seat acceptance at RC begins :- 20thJuly 2017
- Sixth round seat acceptance at RC ends :- 20thJuly 2017
Note: these are expected days actual dates are subject to official authority.
JoSAA 2017 Counselling Procedure
The JoSAA Counselling 2017 has been divided into various steps. Here we have mentioned the step by step counselling process:
Step-1: Filling Choices
Candidates are required to login to the JoSAA portal with their JEE Main 2017 roll number and password. No fee shall be charged for filing the choices. Candidates have to fill the choices under the prescribe date. Students don’t forget to lock their filled choices before submitting. In case of candidates forget to lock their choices, last saved choices will be locked automatically.
Step-2: Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation
Candidates can check the seats allotment through the website. Once the candidate has been allotted a seat, candidates are needed to download the provisional seat allocation letter and pay the seat acceptance fee. The seat acceptance fee will be Rs. 20,000/- for SC, ST, Gen-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD and OBC-NCL-PwD categories and Rs. 45,000/- for all other categories. Fee payment can be made using SBI net banking or e-challan. Seats will be confirmed after the verification of documents. Candidates who reject the allotted seats are not eligible for further rounds. Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to candidates in case of not appearing at the reporting centre.
Step-3: Document Verification
Students are needed to appear at the reporting centre for document verification process. Candidates have to report to the centre at the prescribed date & time. The list of document verification centre will be published through the website. Don’t forget to bring the required original documents along with the photocopies. In case of candidate fails to produce the documents, the allotted seat will be cancelled.
In case candidates have selected the float option and they have allotted a better seat in the further counselling rounds, then the candidates are needed to report again for document verification and seat acceptance.
Step-4: Reporting at the Admitting Institution
After completing the seat allocation, seat acceptance and document verification process, candidates are required to report to the allotted college or university. After reporting, students have to complete further admission formalities to confirm admission.
Other Counselling Process
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Students who accept the allotted seats and do not want to participate in further counselling rounds.
- Float: Students accept the allotted seats and also looking for admission to a better preference, they will accept it. Such aspirants will be considered for further counselling rounds.
- Slide: Candidates accept the allotted seats and also seeking for admission to an academic programme of better preferences within the same college or institution. Candidates will be considered for further admission process.
- Candidates can make changes from float to slide/ free and slide, etc. by reporting to the reporting centre.
- Changes cannot be made in the last round of seat allocation.
- Slide and float option will be given only for those candidates who have not offered admission to their first preference.
Seat Withdraw Process:
- Students who have already accepted a seat, can withdraw the accepted seat by appearing at the reporting centre before the last round.
- After choosing the withdraw option, the candidate will not be permitted to participate in further admission rounds.
- Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to students after deducting Rs.1000/- processing charge.
- Candidates can not withdraw seats after the announcement of last round seat allocation.
- To withdraw seats, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of cancelled cheque (same account) in jpg format and download the withdrawal request letter.
- The letter should be duly signed by the candidates and their parents and report to the reporting centre.
Changes in 12th class Marks:
- Through the revision of marks, if students become eligible for admission such candidates have to report to the reporting centre with the revised mark sheet. Such candidates will be allotted seats in the subsequent round (for IITs and ISM).
- For other institutions, in case of change in 10+2 marks, students have to contact with the JEE Apex Board for the modified JEE Main AIR.
Documents Required for Verification
Here we are providing a list of required documents at the time of JoSAA Counselling 2017:
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter.
- Admit card and rank card of the entrance examination.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Medical examination report.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- PwD certificate (if applicable).
Institutes admitting candidates through Joint Seat Allocation (Academic Year 2017-18)
Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Indian Institute of Technology Goa
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Karnataka
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
|INDIAN SCHOOL OF MINES|
|1. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad (IIT Dhandbad)|
NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY (NITs)
Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
National Institute of Technology Agartala
National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh
National Institute of Technology Calicut
National Institute of Technology Delhi
National Institute of Technology Durgapur
National Institute of Technology Goa
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
National Institute of Technology Meghalaya
National Institute of Technology Nagaland
National Institute of Technology Patna
National Institute of Technology Puducherry
National Institute of Technology Raipur
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh
National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
National Institute of Technology, Manipur
National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
National Institute of Technology, Silchar
National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur