NEST Result 2017, NEST Merit List, Rank Card, NEST Cut off Marks Section Wise nestexam.in, NISER Entrance Exam Result, NEST Score Card 2017,NEST Exam Rank List, NISER 27th May Exam Rank/Merit List, NISER NEST 2017 Result, National Entrance Screening Test Result 2017, nestexam.in NISER Entrance Test Result 2017, NEST Result 2017 is available online for all the candidates who appeared on 27 May 2017 from 10AM to 1PM. NEST Merit List 2017 also uploaded on official website on the basis of candidates performance in NEST 2017. Candidates who selected in Merit List will be called for Counseling process and Admission. NEST Result 2017 is announced by NISER & UMDAE CBS on 16 June 2017. NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) is compulsory examination for admission to five year integrated MSc Programme in Basic Science Offered by NISET Bhubaneswar and UM DAE CBS. Candidates can check their NEST Result 2017 online by entering Registration number and Date of Birth. Candidates must note that no hard copy of NEST Result will be sent to candidates via Post.
National Entrance Screening Test Result 2017
- 1 National Entrance Screening Test Result 2017
- 2 NEST Result 2017
- 3 NEST Merit List 2017
- 4 NEST Rank 2017
- 5 NEST 2017 Scoring System
- 6 NEST 2017 Section wise and total cut off marks
- 7 How to Check their NEST Result 2017 NEST Merit List, Rank Card, NEST Cut off Marks Section Wise nestexam.in ?
National Eligibility Screening Test (NEST)is conducted every year to provide admissions to Five year integrated MSc Progarmme in basic science offered by National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. NEST is conducted on 27 May 2017 in 52 Cities and 79 Venues. A Large number of candidates participated in NEST 2017. There are total NISER -172, CBS-47 seats for 2017 Batch. Applicants who participated in NEST are waiting for their result which is schedule to be announced on 16 June 2017 at 12 Noon.
NEST Result 2017
|Authority Name||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar|
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test 2017|
|Course Name||5–year integrated MSc programmes|
|NEST Exam Date||27 May 2017|
|NEST Result Date||16 June 2017 at 12 Noon|
|Number of Seats||NISER -172, CBS-47 seats|
|NEST merit List||16 June 2017|
|NEST Score Card||Uploaded after result|
|NEST Rank 2017||Uploaded after result|
|NEST Section–wise and total cut–off marks||Gen, SC, ST,OBC|
NEST Merit List 2017
The Common Merit List of NEST will be publishing on NEST official website on the same day of result declaration. Merit List of NEST 2017 is prepared by considering the general section and best three subject sections. The Section in which candidates score less marks will be eliminated from merit list. The Nation Institutes of Science Education and Research Bhubneswar released the NEST Result 2017 with merit list and section wise cutoff and total cut off on 16 June 2017. All the candidates who appeared in NEST 2017 can check their Result on this page as we will update after announcement at official website.
NEST Rank 2017
Applicants can check their NISER NEST Result and Rank by entering registration id and get their NEST Rank on the basis of which candidates can get admission to 5 year MSc Programme in Biologioical, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences. A Merit list will be prepared in descending order of total score such as
In this example, student A gets rank 1 as his total is more than other students. Please note that A has scored more than SMAS in all subjects and hence best three subject scores are considered. Other four students have equal totals. Amongst them, student B has better score in general section than others and thus he gets rank 2. Student C has scored 32 in Chemistry, whereas D and E have their highest subject section score as 30 (D for Bio and E for Phy). Thus C gets 3rd rank. Tie for D and E is not broken and both students get the same provisional rank.
NEST 2017 Scoring System
IN NEST 2017 Exam there is 5 sections – there is one general Section which is having 30 Marks and four Subject Section of each 50 Marks each. During the preparation of merit list, Score for General Section would be considered along with 3 best score from the remaining subject sections. As Merit list calculation will be performed on the basis of marks obtained in general section and best 3 subject sections, the total marks for NEST 2017 becomes becomes 180 (30 + 50 x 3 = 180).
NEST 2017 Section wise and total cut off marks
- Total score of each candidate will be the direct sum of his/her scores in the general section and his/her best three scores in the subject sections.
- For each section, “20% of the average of the best 100 scores in that section” will be considered as Section–wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS). For example, if the average of the best 100 scores in Chemistry section is 40 out of 50, then SMAS for chemistry section would be 40*0.20 = 8 marks. Similarly for other sections.
- SMAS for different sections can obviously be of different numerical value.
- A candidate must score equal to or more than respective SMAS in the General section as well as in at least three subject sections. These subjects sections will then be counted for merit list calculation. If a candidate secures SMAS in all four subject sections, then the best three subject scores will be counted. NATIONAL ENTRANCE SCREENING TEST 2017 Page 9 of 18
- If a candidate does not secure SMAS in the general section, he/she would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission.
- If a candidate does not secure SMAS in at least three subject sections, he/she would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission.
- SMAS for OBC students would be 90% of respective SMAS for general category students. For example, if in the chemistry section the SMAS is 8 for general category students, then SMAS for OBC students would be 7 (90% of 8, rounded off).
- SMAS for SC/ST/PD students would be 50% of respective SMAS for general category students. For example, if in the chemistry section the SMAS is 8 for general category students, then SMAS for SC/ST/PD students would be 4 (50% of 8).
- Additionally, a candidate is required to score equal to or above a total Minimum Admissible Score (MAS), to get a merit rank. MAS for NEST–2017 is 90, which is 50% of total marks, i.e, 180.
- A candidate scoring less than 90 (MAS) in total would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission, even if he/she secures SMAS in all sections.
- A candidate scoring equal to or more than MAS but not securing SMAS in the general section or in at least three subject sections would not be allotted any merit rank. It is important that both MAS and SMAS conditions are fulfilled to get a merit rank. Example: Suppose the SMAS for the general section is 4 and for all subject section is 8 for a general category candidate. If a certain general category candidate scores 20 out of 30 in general section, 40/50 in Physics, 35/50 in Chemistry, 2/50 in Math and 5/50 in Biology, then his/her total score is 20+40+35+5=100, which is more than the MAS (90). But as he/she has not scored at least 8 (SMAS) in three subject sections, he/she will not get any merit rank. Note that the marks ‘2’ was not considered as it the lowest subject score. On the other hand, if a candidate scores 12/30 in general section, 20/50 in Physics, 11/50 in Chemistry, 20/50 in Math and 10/50 in Biology, then his/her total score is 12+20+11+20=63. The worst subject score of 10/50 has again been not considered. The total of 63 is less than MAS (90). So he/she will not get any merit rank, in spite of the fact that he/she has secured SMAS in all the sections.
- MAS for OBC students would be 90% of MAS for general category students.
- MAS for SC/ST/PD students would be 50% of MAS for general category students.
How to Check their NEST Result 2017 NEST Merit List, Rank Card, NEST Cut off Marks Section Wise nestexam.in ?
To get their NEST 2017 Result candiadtes need to follow below given steps –
Step 1 – First of all Applicants need to open official website.
Step 2 – Find link for NEST Result 2017 NEST Merit List, Rank Card, NEST Cut off Marks Section Wise nestexam.in
Step 3 – Click on NEST Result 2017 and NEST Merit List PDF.
Step 4 – Enter roll number and DOB.
Step 5 – NEST Result 2017 will appear on screen
Step 6 – Take Printout of NEST Result 2017